Whether you write ad copy yourself or hire copywriters to do it for you … you need to know how to evaluate great copy. Here’s a fast way to do that.
View it through the lens of the four Ps:
- Promise: Did they make a meaningful promise to the right audience?
- Picture: Did they paint a compelling picture of what life will look like if said audience takes them up on that promise?
- Proof: Did they provide enough proof to believe their promises and picture?
- Push: Did they push them to act?
A piece of copy missing these foundational elements is probably not very good.
However, just because you have these elements doesn’t mean it’s a great piece of copy. You still need to know the complexity of copywriting …
For instance, you need to know:
- 5 stages of market sophistication
- 3 critical steps to getting people to love, buy, and brag about your product
- How to craft a headline people can’t ignore
- 10 principles for turning into a killer copywriter
- 10 ways to write damn good copy
Or you could just download a free copy of Copywriting 101: How to Craft Compelling Copy.
Image source: I like it. What is it?