But eventually the barrel runs dry … and we, because our posting schedule demands it, publish monstrously ho-hum ideas.
Don’t allow your content schedule to master you. Instead, master it.
There’s another reason why you should do this. An important reason … your reader has a list of demands. And it looks like this:
- It must be meaningful.
- It must be unique.
- It must be original. In style. In research. In interview. Never duplicate or steal.
- It must be free of spelling and grammar mistakes.
- It must be ruthlessly edited.
- It must be written for me, the reader, not it, the machine.
- It must be more than just a humdinger of a headline. It must be a humdinger of a post.
- It must NOT be mass-produced.
- It must give trustworthy advice.
- It must be published on an authoritative site.
- It must be comprehensive. Not shallow.
- It must be clear.
- It must be concise.
- It must be compelling.
- It must go beyond the obvious and into the realm of the insightful and interesting.
- It must be worthy of a bookmark, a social share.
- It must NOT be overwhelmed by ads or call to actions.
- It must be useful, factual, entertaining — or all of the above.
Yes, consistency in distribution is important, but it is more important when it comes to what you produce.
Don’t be afraid to sacrifice consistency of distribution for excellence in production. Your reader will thank you.
Besides, meet the demands of your readers, and you’ll meet the demands of Google, too.